Affiliate Disclosure: Techopedia may receive advertising commissions for visits to a suggested operator through our affiliate links, at no added cost to you. However, all our recommendations are unbiased and follow a thorough review process. Players must be a legal gambling age and located in a regulated US gambling state. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly.
Bally Bet Virginia is an online sportsbook that’s been live in the state since November 2021. It’s from Bally’s Corporation, a successful betting and entertainment company with multiple casinos throughout the US. In this review, we’ll discuss the sportsbook in close detail, looking at bonuses, betting markets, and more, plus how it compares to its competitors.
Bally Bet VA Loyalty Program
All players at Bally Bet Virginia can take advantage of the Bally Rewards loyalty program. Every time you place a real-money wager, you earn points for every $2 wagered. You can exchange 2,000 points for $1 of bonus money. If you earn enough points, you can cash them in for merchandise, dining, and gaming experiences at Bally’s Corporation casinos.
Bally Bet Virginia Welcome Bonus Types Explained
New bettors signing up to Bally Bet VA for the first time can claim back their loses from their first bet if it happens to lose. You only need to deposit $10 or more to claim the offer. If your first bet wins, you won’t receive the bonus – but you did win.
This is a 100% match of your first stake – if its a loser – up to a possible $100. For example, a $50 losing stake would net you $50 back in bonus bets.
Your bonus will have a 1x playthrough requirement, so you would need to bet all $50 worth of bonus bets before any winnings could be withdrawn. This is fairly similar to the usual welcome bonus found at online sportsbooks in Virginia – although its a little smaller than BetRivers’ $500 2nd chance offer.
Bally Bet VA Site Credit
The loyalty scheme is the only way to earn bonus credit at Bally Bet VA. When you have enough points, you can exchange them for bonus credit. You can use this to place sports bets, though you can’t withdraw it.
Bally Bet VA No Deposit Bonus
It was disappointing to find that, similar to the lack of welcome bonus, there isn’t a Bally Bet VA no deposit bonus for players to claim. If the sportsbook ever launches one, we’ll update this section with all the details. With a Bally Bet VA no deposit bonus, you can claim a bonus without funding your account.
BallyBet VA Promo Code Bonus Terms and Conditions
While there aren’t any bonuses on offer at Bally Bet VA at the moment, the operator may add some in the future, so it’s worthwhile getting to grips with the type of bonus T&Cs you’ll likely encounter. This short list should help you recognize some of the more commonplace terms and understand what they mean.
- Expiry dates: Bonuses come with an expiry date. If you leave any perks unused, they will become entirely void when the deadline hits.
- Promo codes: A promo code is a sequence of characters that can be used to redeem a wide range of offers or discounts. They are often exclusively for new customers and applied during registration.
- Wagering requirements: The wagering requirement represents the amount of money you must wager before transferring your bonus funds into real withdrawable cash. Wagering requirements can hugely impact your bonus, so lead with caution.
- Minimum deposit: This term is self-explanatory. Simply put, you must deposit the minimum amount before accessing your bonus.
- Eligible sports or events: Individual sports can carry wagers that are exclusive to them. The same goes for more significant sporting events too, eg The US Open and The World Series.
Common mistakes to avoid when accessing your Bally Bet VA Bonus
The best way to steer clear of making avoidable errors is to observe the ones made by other bettors. To assist you, we have compiled a list of hiccups to watch out for.
- Don’t let your bonus expire
If you’ve been working towards your wagering requirement, you don’t want all of your hard work and cash to get erased. We recommend noting any deadlines so you can remain safely ahead of the pack.
- Research what your wagering requirements mean
Wagering requirements can have a significant knock-on effect on the worth of your bonus. Awareness of all stipulations, such as win caps and any other sneaky small print, will help your Bally Bet experience stay both safe and enjoyable.
- Read your terms and conditions
Running through the terms with a fine tooth comb is your biggest superpower as an online bettor. These conditions explicitly state everything you need to know, so study them, and you’ll be up to date on all strings attached.
Bally Bet VA Sign-Up Process (8/10)
Signing up for Bally Bet VA is a simple process. Follow our registration instructions to start betting today.
1. Complete your registration
Follow any link on this page to be redirected to the Bally Bet Virginia sportsbook. Once opened, you get prompted immediately to begin registration.
2. Enter your promo code
No promo code is currently necessary for Bally Bet Virginia, but this is where you’d normally expect to add one. Simply input the required personal details, like your email, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
3. Fund your account
Once you have verified your identity, you can add your funds. Head into the account section of the app or website and enter “Deposit Funds.”
4. Place your bets
Find the sport or event you want to wager on, select a line, and add it to your bet slip.
5. Withdraw your winnings
If you’re a winner, go to your account menu, and select “Withdraw” to access your prizes.
How Bally Bet Virginia Bonus Compares to Other Gambling Sites
The table below compares what Bally Bet offers new players with two other Virginia gambling sites. We’d like to see Bally Bet introduce a welcome bonus in the future, as this is an area where it massively falls behind the competition currently.
|Sports Bonus||Up to $100||Up to $1,000||Up to $100|
Bally Bet Review (6/10)
- Website: va.ballybet.com
- Payout time: 24 hours
- Established: 2021
- Headquarters: Providence, USA
Initially launched in 2021 before a short hiatus in 2023, Bally Bet relaunched its Virginia sportsbook in September 2023 with a brand new app.
Bally Bet hasn’t partnered with any land-based casino/sportsbook venues or sports teams in the state, however, the Bally Bet brand is an official betting partner of the NHL, MLB, and NBA.
Its sportsbook has a decent amount of betting content to offer players and some exciting features including Cash Out, live streaming, a progressive parlay, and fast live betting. However, there are a few major things to improve such as the small number of payment options.
Bally Bet VA is only available as an iOS and Android app. So, you won’t be able to bet using your desktop or mobile browser. Thankfully, the new app is intuitive, responsive, and looks very slick.
Pros & Cons
- Process withdrawal requests within 24 hours
- Customer support is available 24/7
- Loyalty comp points scheme
- Progressive parlay feature
- Very few payment methods
- No browser sportsbook
Bally Bet VA Rankings by Category
- OVERALL RATING: 6/10
- Bonuses: 6/10
- Design and Usability: 8/10
- Desktop Experience: 1/10
- Mobile Experience: 7/10
- Registration Process: 9/10
- Account Verification: 9/10
- Payment Methods: 5/10
- Sportsbook: 8/10
- Customer Support: 10/10
- Responsible Gambling: 8/10
Bally Bet Sportsbook VA (8/10)
Bally Bet VA could offer more markets and bet types, but the current number is decent enough. Although we have seen more impressive options at other Virginia sportsbooks, its selection should satisfy most bettors.
You can bet on nearly a dozen sports at Bally Bet sportsbook VA. There’s also the option to bet on college-level matches for baseball and football. The list of options is quite good, though other sportsbooks have more options. Hopefully, the sportsbook will add more markets to offer a wider variety.
- Auto Racing
- Table Tennis
There are quite a few bet types available at Bally Bet VA. Below is a summary of the main ones – be sure to try them if they appeal to you.
- Moneylines: The simplest bets you can place at Bally Bet Virginia. For moneylines, you’re simply betting on the outcome of an event.
- Point Spreads: These are bets that focus on the outcome but in a different way. You’re betting on the favorite or the underdog. Each selection has a point spread. The favorite needs to win by a number of points greater than the spread for bets to pay out. Likewise, the underdog needs to win outright or lose by a number of points smaller than the spread.
- Totals: With totals, Bally Bet VA predicts a total point score. This is the sum of both teams’ final scores. You’re betting on whether the actual total score is greater or smaller than this.
- Parlays: Parlays are very popular bets. They consist of two or more individual bets or ‘legs’. Each leg has to win its event for the bet to pay out. The more legs there are, the greater the potential winnings are.
- Player Props: You’re not betting on a particular outcome with these. Instead, your bet’s all about a particular player and their performance and stats.
- Team Props: These bets work in the same way as player props. The only difference is that they depend on a team’s performance, not an individual’s.
- Futures: For futures, you’re betting on events many months or over a year away, like the winner of the Super Bowl or World Series.
Below is a summary of Bally Bet VA’s betting features. Make the most of these and take your betting experience to the next level.
- Live Betting: This feature lets you place bets on sporting events as they’re actually taking place. The odds constantly change depending on what happens. You could place a bet with very favorable odds if you’re lucky enough. Bally Bet VA has live betting available for select markets.
- Cash Out: With cash out, you can close a bet before the event ends. Cashing out is available for select bets at Bally Bet Virginia.
- Progressive Parlays: These are a special type of parlay that can still pay out even if a leg loses. You can build a progressive parlay at Bally Bet VA using only basketball or football point spreads.
Bally Bet Casino VA (N/A)
You won’t find a Bally Bet online casino VA right now. The reason for this is simple: online casinos aren’t legal in Virginia. If the state decides to regulate online casinos and Bally Bet launches one here, we’ll update this section with all the details. In the meantime, you can play at social casinos instead.
Bally Bet Poker VA (N/A)
Since there’s no Bally Bet online casino VA for legal reasons, there’s no online poker either. Again, this could change someday. If it does, and if Bally Bet VA ever introduces poker games, we’ll let you know.
Bally Bet VA Payment Methods (5/10)
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Mastercard Debit Card||$10||$10||24 hours|
|Visa Debit Card||$10||$10||24 hours|
|VIP Preferred ACH Instant eChecks||$10||$10||Up to 5 days|
Bally Bet VA Design and User Interface (8/10)
Bally Bet Virginia offers two convenient options of betting through your browser or downloading its dedicated app. Read below for an overview of the desktop client and mobile platforms.
App & Mobile Experience (7/10)
You can only bet using the Bally Bet mobile app which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. The app loads incredibly quickly and the menus are very intuitive. Live odds shift in record speeds and the virtual scoreboard runs smoothly.
Bally Bet VA Account Verification (9/10)
Before you withdraw for the first time, you will need to complete the verification process. You’ll have to provide Bally Bet VA with some ID documents, such as copies of your passport and driver’s license.
To access Bally Bet, your device needs to have its geolocation feature on so the operator can confirm you are within state borders and legally allowed to place bets. Also, desktop computer users need to download the GeoComply plug-in. This confirms your computer’s location. If your location can’t be verified then you won’t be allowed to bet.
Bally Bet VA Customer Support (8/10)
If you have an issue or question, check out the FAQ section first. Here there are answers to lots of common questions. If this doesn’t help, contact the customer support team. You can do this via live chat, email, or by calling the Bally Bet phone number. Help is available 24/7 and our review team found everyone to be friendly and helpful when we ran into some minor issues.
Bally Bet VA Responsible Gambling (8/10)
Links to Bally Bet Virginia’s responsible gambling resources are located at the bottom of each page. The page offers useful information and resources to help those who think they have a problem with gambling. There’s a list of warning signs, a phone line to call if you need help, and links to the Virginia Council on Problem Gambling. You’ll also find summaries of the limits you can place on your account and self-exclusion.
Bally Bet VA – Our Verdict (6/10)
Bally Bet ticks plenty of boxes, but there are some areas that the sportsbook needs to work on. The number of bet types and features is good, and many markets exist. You can also bet on college-level matches for select sports.
The design is user-friendly, and the betting experience is straightforward. Another plus is customer support, which is always available and has several contact methods.