Whether you’re already a passionate gamer or just getting into gaming as a hobby, you should be looking for the best gaming desk that perfectly fits your gaming needs and the layout of your room. Gaming desks can be a huge quality-of-life upgrade for any gamer, but only if you get one with a sturdy, durable build that doesn’t wobble and will stay in mint condition for years.
In this guide, we’ve reviewed and compared the 11 best laptop and PC gaming desks, looking at their dimensions, frame design, durability, and sizes to help you make the right choice and find a gaming desk that’s perfect for you.
Top 11 Best Gaming Desks Ranked
Here’s our list of the best, highest quality desks for gaming that you can use as a backbone of your setup:
- GreenForest Desk — The best L-shaped gaming desk under $100, with adjustable table legs. The boards feature a laminated finish and are scratch and moisture-resistant, making the desk easy to maintain.
- Walker Edison Ellis L-Shaped Desk — Great gaming corner desk with a pull-out keyboard tray and a professional look. The desk’s surface is made from powder-coated tempered glass, making it ideal for matte black and RGB setups.
- Flexispot EC1 Adjustable Standing Desk — Perfect for gamers who don’t want to spend the day sitting. You can convert this model into a standing position in seconds, making it great for tackling back pain.
- Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming Desk — An excellent choice for gamers who want dedicated space for all their peripherals and accessories. The desk’s various stands for speakers, cups, and headphones leave a large area for your mouse and keyboard, which suits gamers with low-sensitivity mice settings.
- Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Gaming Desk — Sturdy desk with built-in RGB lighting and cable management holes. It has a modern feel and design and enough space for a multi-monitor setup.
- Arozzi Arena — Ultrawide gaming desk with great cable management that supports up to three monitors. It has a sturdy frame that ensures it won’t wobble on even the most unlevel floors.
- Waleaf Vitesse 55″ — An affordable gaming desk that supports a dual-monitor setup and all your accessories. While this desk takes up a lot of space, it provides plenty of legroom and two holes for cable management with dual-monitor setups.
- Mr Ironstone — This triangular junction design comes with R-shaped table legs for superior durability and stability during gameplay. This desk has a large carbon fiber laminated surface that lets you stow plenty of peripherals and other accessories.
- Origami Multi-Purpose Gaming Desk — Foldable desk, ideal for laptop gamers who prefer portability or have no room for a bigger desk. The desk comes pre-assembled, takes less than 60 seconds to fold or unfold, and you can use its folding mechanism as a leg rest.
- ApexDesk Elite Pro Series Standing Gaming Desk — Adjustable standing desk with four programmable heights. This desk has a smooth surface made from engineered wood that gives it an elegant and modern look, making it fit wherever you place it.
- Flexispot Comhar EG8 — Standing desk for work and laptop gaming with a built-in control panel for easy height adjustment. It features a slim drawer that can store stationery and a headphone stand, and its control panel doubles as a phone charging station.
Best Desks for Gaming Reviewed
Read our in-depth reviews of the best gaming desks to see which will perfectly fit your room and support your gaming needs.
1. GreenForest — Best L-Shaped Gaming Desk Under $100
The GreenForest L-Shaped Gaming Desk is a three-piece corner desk that helps you make the most of the limited space in your room and create your ideal setup.
|From $90||29″||44.3″||58.1″||37.2 pounds||✅|
This sturdy three-piece desk has a reversible L corner, meaning you can easily fit it in any room corner. The boards are 39×18.9 inches and 25.2×18.9, perfect for a multi-monitor setup and gaming laptop. Additionally, you can easily dismantle the pieces and convert them into a rectangular desk with a single board in case you need extra room.
The desk is made from eco-friendly P2 particle boards as the table surface and durable steel bars that ensure it remains perfectly balanced. The boards feature a laminated finish and are moisture-resistant and scratch-proof. This makes the desk easy to clean from dusk, fingerprints, and water/coffee stains.
The GreenForest L-Shaped Gaming Desk also features adjustable table legs, allowing you to easily adjust the size to prevent wobbling on uneven ground and carpets. The adjustable height also helps ensure enough legroom for even the tallest gamers. At 29.1 inches, you’ll have no problem scooting under this desk and enjoying a comfortable gaming session.
- Simple, clean, minimalistic design
- Sturdy steel frame with reinforced L brackets
- Adjustable height
- Easy to assemble
- No cable management support
- Lacks a holder for your gaming headphones
2. Walker Edison Ellis L-Shaped Desk — Great Gaming Corner Desk With a Pull-Out Keyboard Tray
Walker Edison Ellis L-Shaped Desk is another tremendous L-shaped desk, albeit more than twice as expensive. What you get for that price is added durability, with both tops capable of supporting up to 50 pounds, letting you comfortably place more stuff on your desk.
|From $229||25.38″||51.12″||19.62″||50 pounds||❌|
This desk also solves the problem of the lack of space L-shape desks are typically suffering from by adding a pull-out keyboard tray that leaves more room for your gaming monitor and mouse on the top itself.
The one potential downside is that your legs might hit the keyboard tray if you’re over 5’10”, so it’s not the best option for tall gamers. Additionally, regular keyboards will fit on the tray, but larger models like the Logitech G710+ keyboard won’t fit.
The desk is built from sturdy metal and reinforced on all sides with metal bars, ensuring stability and further improving durability. The desk tops are made from powder-coated tempered safety glass, giving the desk a smooth, professional look that goes perfectly with matte black and RGB setups (especially if you install LED lights underneath).
- Extremely sturdy and durable
- Stylish tempered safety glass tops
- Each top can support up to 50 pounds
- More space thanks to the keyboard tray
- Can be difficult to assemble
- The keyboard tray doesn’t leave enough legroom for tall people
3. Flexispot EC1 Adjustable Standing Desk — Perfect for Gamers Who Don’t Want to Spend the Day Sitting
Flexispot EC1 Adjustable Standing Desk is perfect for gamers who work from home and already spend eight hours sitting each workday. These solutions have proven to reduce back pain by as much as 32% and boast several other health benefits that make them popular.
This electric, adjustable desk can be converted from a regular desk into a standing desk in seconds, allowing you to switch between standing and sitting on the fly.
|From $249||27.6″ to 47.6″||30″||48″||85 pounds||✅|
The desk has one of four keypads that let you adjust the height. The most basic one has up and down buttons, while the advanced ones let you create size presets and switch between specific heights with one button click.
The metal frame is sturdy and durable, supporting up to 85 pounds. Another great thing for desktop PC gamers is that you can easily place your PC case on the desk without worrying about cables not reaching the monitor when you increase the height.
The desk’s bamboo top is sturdy, durable, elegant, and easy to clean. You can get this desk in many colors, from pure white and matte black to maple and mahogany, so it’ll perfectly fit your room and setup.
- Easily adjustable via a programmable keypad
- Sturdy and durable
- Minimalistic design
- Some users encounter issues with the electronics
4. Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming Desk — A Large Dedicated Space for Peripherals and Accessories
Atlantic Gaming Original Gaming Desk is the best choice if you want to have ample room for all your gaming accessories.
|From $99||40″||27″||50″||41 pounds||❌|
The desk has an elevated monitor stand, and detachable speaker stands on the sides, a sorting rack for all your CDs, a headphone stand, and a cup holder. This leaves plenty of room on the top for the keyboard and the mouse, which is perfect for anyone gaming on low mouse sensitivity since it gives you the freedom to move your mouse across a large area.
One potential downside of this desk is that it doesn’t support a multi-monitor setup, so it’s not an excellent choice for streaming or working on multiple monitors.
The desk’s top is made from engineered wood, which is carbon-fiber laminated to give it that smooth polish and a sleek look. The legs of the desk are made from heavy-duty steel wire, ensuring excellent stability and durability.
- Spacious top
- Sturdy and can support a lot of weight
- Detachable stands for all your peripherals and accessories
- Can fit a console under the monitor stand
- Desk drawer serves no purpose and is easy to hit with your legs
- Hitting the desk might cause the monitor the fall over
5. Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Gaming Desk — RGB Lighting and Cable Management Holes
Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S Gaming Desk is a spacious, sturdy desk with carbon steel Z-shaped legs that provide ultimate support and stability.
The scratch-resistant carbon fiber top is resistant to scratches and easy to clean, and it also gives the desk an elegant, modern look and feel. Its spacious top easily supports a multi-monitor setup, making it perfect for gaming and work.
The desk is reinforced on the sides with plastic protection that helps prevent bumps and protects both your desk and your wall. The side protection also houses LED lights with several light show programs, making this desk an ideal choice for RGB lighting fans.
The desk also has a headphone hook, a detachable cup holder, and a removable stand for controllers and your console games. On top of that, the top features two cable management holes that help keep the desk tidy. Given the desk’s width, this feature is essential to eliminate the friction between the mouse cable and the desk, ensuring a smooth gaming experience.
- Extremely sturdy and durable
- Sleek, modern look
- Built-in RGB lighting
- Easily supports a multi-monitor setup
- The RGB lighting takes up an extra USB port
6. Arozzi Arena — Great Cable Management for Up to Three Monitors
Arozzi Arena is an ultrawide desk perfect for gaming and working on multiple monitors. The spacious desk can easily support up to three large monitors while leaving enough room for all other peripherals.
|From $233.99||29″||63″||32″||99 pounds||❌|
The steel frame makes the desk incredibly sturdy and stable, ensuring it doesn’t wobble even on uneven ground. The three-section top is made from engineered wood and supports up to 99 pounds, so it’ll easily hold multiple monitors, speakers, heavier keyboards, and other accessories.
The company also includes a custom-built, full-cover microfiber desk mat that perfectly fits the desk’s curved shape. The mat features an anti-slip rubber bottom, which ensures it stays in place. Plus, it’s water-resistant and easy to clean, which makes it ideal for gaming.
Apart from the shape, the Arozzi Arena desk stands out because of its ingenious cable management system. The top features three cut-outs for monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speaker cables, which lead to a mesh basket underneath that ensures all cables are tightly held against the top’s underside instead of freely flailing around.
That said, this desk lacks the headphone hook, but there’s plenty of room on the top to comfortably place the headphones on the desk.
- Easily supports up to three monitors
- Excellent cable management support
- Custom-fitted microfiber desk mat
- No headphone hook
- Takes up a lot of space
7. Waleaf Vitesse 55″ — An Affordable Gaming Desk That Supports a Dual-Monitor Setup
Waleaf Vitesse 55″ is another extra large desk that provides plenty of space for a dual-monitor setup and all your accessories.
|From $80||29.5″||23.6″||55″||43.8 pounds||❌|
The desk frame is built from coated steel, with T-shaped legs featuring four leveling feet that allow you to quickly adjust the desk and ensure it remains stable on a rug or uneven floor.
The board is designed using engineered wood with a laminated, carbon fiber finish. This makes it water and scratch-resistant and easy to clean, as well as giving it a modern look.
You’ll also be able to utilize the headphone hook and a cup holder, as well as the removable controller and game stand, leaving you with more room on the top for your monitors, keyboard, and mouse.
The desk also features two cable management holes, making it ideal for anyone using two monitors for gaming, streaming, or work.
- Extra large top that supports two monitors
- Laminated, carbon fiber finish
- T-shaped legs and adjustable feet for added stability
- Cable management holes
- Takes up a lot of space
8. Mr Ironstone — R-Shaped Table Legs for Extra Durability and Stability
Mr Ironstone is a spacious gaming desk with dedicated cable management holes and a charging station for your mobile phone. You can comfortably keep all your gaming accessories on the carbon fiber laminated top, including an ultra-wide monitor, gaming console, and PC peripherals.
|From $99.99||30.4″||45.2″||23.6″||36 pounds||❌|
The desk features super sturdy R-shaped legs with a triangular junction design for added stability and durability. You’ll also have a sturdy board on the desk’s backside, which prevents it from wobbling. The top supports up to 36 pounds, so you can comfortably rock a dual-monitor setup.
Beyond this, with the Mr Ironstone Gaming Desk, you get a dedicated headphone hook, a cup holder, and two cut-outs for easy cable management.
- Large carbon fiber table surface
- R-shaped table legs for extra stability
- Phone charging station
- Two cable management cut-outs
- The desk is 1 inch thick, so not the best for using monitor mounts
9. Origami Multi-Purpose Gaming Desk — Foldable Desk, Ideal for Laptop Users
Origami Multi-Purpose Gaming Desk is a simple, foldable desk that’s a good option for anyone strapped for space. The desk doesn’t require any assembly (comes pre-assembled) and can be folded/unfolded in under 60 seconds.
The desk is reasonably sturdy and supports up to 38.5 pounds of weight, so you can use it for a dual-monitor setup. That said, it wasn’t specifically designed for gaming, so stuff like headphone hook, cup holder, and cable management holes are lacking.
Another thing to consider is that the folding mechanism prevents you from tucking your gaming chair under the table. However, you can use it as a leg rest when casually gaming or watching videos on your PC, which might be a huge plus for some gamers.
- Foldable in under 60 seconds
- Sturdy and spacious
- Clean, matte black design
- No headphone hook or cable management holes
10. ApexDesk Elite Pro Series — Adjustable Standing Desk With Four Programmable Heights
ApexDesk Elite Pro Series is an easily adjustable standing desk that can be used for work and gaming. The solid, one-piece top is designed from engineered wood and has a smooth finish, making the desk look professional and stylish.
|From $600||30″ to 49″||60″||27″||156″||✅|
ApexDesk features a heavy-duty, motorized frame that can easily lift up to 235 pounds. You can switch between the sitting and standing position in seconds and adjust the height between 30″ and 49″ or choose between one of four preset heights with the optional memory controller.
Besides being popular for gaming, studies on using adjustable desks like this have been proven to improve productivity, concentration, and overall health.
The desk has two plastic-covered cable management holes, so it can also be used for desktop gaming, provided you have sufficiently long cables to comfortably game in a standing position.
The frame is built from sturdy, durable steel, although there are no leveling feet, so you’ll have to ensure the desk is placed on a smooth, even floor.
- Easily adjustable with programmable heights
- Smooth finish, perfect for an office setting
- Cable management holes to support desktop gaming
- Can support a lot of weight
- Extremely expensive
11. Flexispot Comhar EG8 — Built-in Control Panel for Easy Height Adjustment
Flexispot Comhar EG8 is a modern, adjustable standing desk with built-in electronics for quick and simple height adjustment.
|From $600||28″ to 47.6″||47″||23.6″||110 pounds||✅|
The desk’s frame is made from durable steel to ensure stability. The top is a 2″ thick single piece, capable of supporting up to 110 pounds, so it can easily hold all your accessories. Beyond this, it has a built-in control panel that doubles as a phone charging station.
The top also features a drawer that can store stationery, but unfortunately won’t fit a gaming laptop. Due to this design choice, there are no cable management holes, so you can really only use this standing desk for work or laptop gaming. Desktop PC gamers will have to look at one of the more suitable alternatives on our list.
The desk also comes with a removable headphone stand, which is definitely a plus, but you’ll be hard-pressed to fit all your gaming accessories and peripherals, such as controllers and speakers, on this desk.
- Extremely sturdy and doesn’t wobble
- Built-in control panel for easy height adjustment
- Easy to assemble
- Great as a workstation
- Can really only use it if you game on a laptop
The Best Buy Gamer Desk | Top 11 Compared
Here’s a table of the different desks we reviewed, so you can more easily compare their dimensions and choose the one that best fits your room and meets all your gaming needs.
|GreenForest L-Shaped Gaming Desk||From $90||29″||44.3″||58.1″||37.2 pounds||✅|
|Walker Edison Ellis L-Shaped Desk||From $229||25.38″||51.12″||19.62″||50 pounds||❌|
|Flexispot EC1 Adjustable Standing Desk||From $249||27.6″ to 47.6″||30″||48″||85 pounds||✅|
|Atlantic Gaming Original Desk||From $99||40″||27″||50″||41 pounds||❌|
|Eureka Ergonomic Z1-S||From $200||30″||44″||24″||39.4″||❌|
|Arozzi Arena||From $233.99||29″||63″||32″||99 pounds||❌|
|Waleaf Vitesse 55″||From $80||29.5″||23.6″||55″||43.8 pounds||❌|
|Mr Ironstone||From $99.99||30.4″||45.2″||23.6″||36 pounds||❌|
|Origami Multi-Purpose Gaming Desk||From $189||29.9″||23.6″||47.2″||38.5||❌|
|ApexDesk Elite Pro Series||From $600||30″ to 49″||60″||27″||156″||✅|
|Flexispot Comhar EG8||From $600||28″ to 47.6″||47″||23.6″||110 pounds||✅|
Do I Need a Gaming Desk?
Theoretically, you can game on any desk if it’s stable and durable. What matters is that the desk doesn’t wobble, and you have enough space for your monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, headphones, and other gaming accessories.
Standard study desks aren’t built with this in mind, so you’ll struggle to fit everything on them. While a gaming desk isn’t necessary, it’s a huge quality-of-life upgrade. They’re typically wider and have more depth, plus they usually come with handy features like a side headphone hook, a cup holder, and cable management holes. This makes gaming on a desk designed for the purpose a much more enjoyable experience.
And, of course, we can’t overlook the cool factor — gaming desks typically have a smooth, polished top that perfectly complements the aesthetic of your gaming setup. Some even come with built-in RGB lights, letting you fully immerse yourself in the games and create your dream gaming den.
What Desk Size is Best for Gaming Needs?
The ideal size of a gaming desk mostly depends on how much space you have in your room. As you’ve seen from this guide, there are plenty of different options, including L-shaped corner desks that let you make the most of the space.
If space isn’t the issue, you ideally want to aim for at least 35″ width and 30″ depth to comfortably fit everything on the desk and still have plenty of room to place the keyboard how you like it and freely move the mouse around.
As far as the height goes, you should consider your own height and the size of your gaming chair to ensure your legs can comfortably fit under the table. Around 30″ is a reasonable height that’ll suit most gamers.
The width is especially important if you play shooters on low sensitivity since you’ll have to make substantial mouse movements to aim accurately, so you can’t afford the mouse to be confined to a small space.
How Do I Choose a Gaming Desk? | Key Considerations
There are quite a few things to consider when purchasing a gaming desk. Dimensions and the build are the most crucial since you need to ensure the desk will actually fit in your room and that it’ll be durable enough to withstand years of gaming.
Here are a few more things you should consider before making a final decision:
- Frame design and strength — The desk’s frame is what holds it together, so you ideally want to look for a desk with a sturdy steel frame that’ll be able to support your entire gaming setup and make sure the desk doesn’t wobble or crumble under the weight down the line
- Top finish — Most gaming desk tops are treated with a special finish to remain stain- and scratch-resistant. A microfiber finish also gives them that sleek, polished look that perfectly fits most gaming setups.
- Assembly required — If you’re not well-versed in DIY, you might want to consider a gaming desk that’s not too difficult to assemble. Otherwise, putting the desk together might take a while, and you might not properly screw all the components together, causing it to wobble.
- Item weight — This refers to how much weight the desk can support and is a crucial consideration if you’re planning on using multiple monitors, a heavy mechanical keyboard, and placing a bunch of peripherals and gaming accessories on it.
- Cable management — The best gaming desks have cut-out holes for easy and efficient cable management that not only make the setup look better but also ensure there’s no friction between the keyboard and mouse cables and the desk, which might damage them or cause the mouse to misbehave while gaming.
Gaming Desk FAQs
Is a gaming desk worth it?
Is any desk good for gaming?
What is the most recommended gaming desk?
Is a 40-inch desk big enough for gaming?
What is the perfect gaming table size?
Should I get a standing desk?
Conclusion | What is the Best Gaming Desk to Buy in 2023?
When it comes to finding the best desk setup for gaming, it’s essential to find one that perfectly fits all your gaming needs but also fits in the space you’ve designated for. So, the best gaming desk setup for you might be a small gaming desk or an ultra-wide desk, depending on the outline of your room.
That said, there are plenty of different models, from standard rectangular desks to L-shaped ones and even foldable desks you can put away after each gaming session, so space shouldn’t be too big of an issue.
If you’re still on the fence and aren’t sure which of the desks we recommend going for, we strongly suggest considering the GreenForest L-Shaped Gaming Desk. The reversible L corner makes it easy to fit in any corner of your room. Since you can always put together or separate the three pieces, you can use it as a regular gaming desk for a single monitor, a gaming station that holds a multi-monitor setup, and a laptop/console.
Another huge advantage of the GreenForest L-Shaped Gaming Desk is that you can find it for as little as $90, making it the best budget gaming desk on the market. Click the button below to find the best deals for this gaming desk and take your game to the next level.