How can AI revolutionize consumer markets through automated search?
One of the biggest indicators of the giant impact of artificial intelligence on consumer markets is the size of this sector – a Datamation report late last year showed consumer artificial intelligence generating nearly $2 billion in sales, with a prediction that it will generate $42 billion by 2025.
The report cites “internet giants” like Google as offering different types of artificial intelligence use cases.
One of the biggest ways that artificial intelligence will change consumer markets is through the use of automated search.
To fully understand how this will develop, it's helpful to look at what we have right now, and why it is not very effective and often does not work well.
While these devices offer some instances of hands-free communication, they don't do it particularly well. Users will get a list of business names, but not a lot of other context that would help them make decisions.
As the capability of hands-free verbal customer research improves incrementally, the results will be dramatic. By offering customers a much more vibrant experience through verbal communication, artificial intelligence technologies will change from simple wireless speech processing technologies to fully fledged digital assistants that will really help get more done in all sorts of consumer markets.
An example on Drinkpreneur talks about machine-driven customer communication, and how Microsoft is creating a platform where users can “employ all their senses” to communicate with the brand, in this case, as part of selling drinks.
Another trend is machine-driven content, where machines may be also communicating with humans in written form. Both branches of artificial intelligence communication will drive more information to consumers’ fingertips, help consumers with key questions and problems, and drive greater convenience and automation that's really going to change how we see the marketing of goods and services within the global economy.
More Q&As from our experts
- What is the difference between little endian and big endian?
- How can unstructured data benefit your business's bottom line?
- What are some of the dangers of using machine learning impulsively without a business plan?
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Natural Language Understanding
- Intelligent Virtual Assistant
- Cloud Computing
- Financial Malware
Tech moves fast! Stay ahead of the curve with Techopedia!
Join nearly 200,000 subscribers who receive actionable tech insights from Techopedia.
- The CIO Guide to Information Security
- Robotic Process Automation: What You Need to Know
- Data Governance Is Everyone's Business
- Key Applications for AI in the Supply Chain
- Service Mesh for Mere Mortals - Free 100+ page eBook
- Do You Need a Head of Remote?
- Web Data Collection in 2022 - Everything you need to know