Kaushik is a technical architect with 15 years of experience in enterprise applications and product development. He has expertise in Web technologies, architecture/design, Java/J2EE, open source and Hadoop/big data technologies.
Personal Website: http://techalpine.com/
Recent Questions by Kaushik Pal
- Why is learning assembly language still important?
- What makes application performance monitoring important?
- Why should businesses secure an Active Directory?
- How do companies manage database changes?
- What are some core principles of data governance?
- How do companies create a business-driven data architecture?
- What does a SQL compliance manager do?
- What does defragmentation do for SQL systems?
- How does predictive alerting work?
- How do engineers monitor SQL queries?
- What kind of maintenance is required for an IT infrastructure?
- How is application software different from system software?
- How is Office 365 different from other versions of Microsoft Office?
- How is IT infrastructure different from network infrastructure?
Recent Articles by Kaushik Pal
Consolidating data centers can save an organization time, money and effort. Here we examine some of the details of consolidation.
Public cloud and private on-premise cloud each have their own sets of pros and cons. When it comes to enterprise use, an organization must carefully examine their needs before deciding which type of cloud service to use.
Green computing is great for business and for the environment. Here are some ways to help go green at your organization or home.
All Articles by Kaushik Pal
- 5 Reasons Your Company Should Consolidate Its Data Center
- Public Cloud vs. Private On-Premise Cloud
- How Green Computing Can Improve Energy Efficiency in IT
- A Detailed Look at 3-Tier Software Architecture
- 5 IT Infrastructure Skills That Are Often Overlooked
- Automation: The Future of Data Science and Machine Learning?
- How Natural Language Processing Can Improve Business Insights
- The Debate Between R and Python
- Cognitive Computing - The Next Era of Computing?
- The New Efficiency of Cloud Analytics
- Why DevOps Is Important for Your IT Strategy
- Why the World Is Moving Toward NoSQL Databases
- Graph Databases: A New Way of Thinking About Data
- Open API: The Future of Application Programming Interfaces
- Container Technology - The Next Big Thing?
- Analytics Of Things: Taking IoT to the Next Level
- How Big Data Can Secure User Authentication
- 11 Terms Every Virtualization Engineer Should Know
- An Intro to Compute Virtualization
- Call Center Data + Big Data Analytics = Valuable Insights
- Protecting Your Brand Value with Big Data
- How Big Data Can Drive Smart Customer Service
- The Role of Citizen Data Scientists in the Big Data World
- How Big Data Is Influencing Crowdfunding
- The Cloud: The Ultimate Tool for Big Data Success
- How Big Data Can Help in Self-Service Analytics
- How Machine Learning Can Improve Supply Chain Efficiency
- The Internet of Everything (IoE): Keeping Us 'Always On'
- 10 Big Myths About Big Data
- Chief Data Officer: The Next Hot Tech Job?
- Machine Learning 101
- How Big Data Is Helping the Insurance Industry
- Big Data's Influence in Medicine and Pharmaceuticals
- Improving Customer Experience With Digital Transformation, Big Data and Analytics
- Why Spark Is the Future Big Data Platform
- How Big Data Can Revolutionize Education
- Why Open-Source Databases Are Gaining Popularity
- Why the Data Virtualization Market is Growing
- The Promises and Pitfalls of Machine Learning
- Why Automation Is the New Reality in Big Data Initiatives
- How Contextual Integration Can Empower Predictive Analytics
- Kudu: A Game Changer in the Hadoop Ecosystem?
- What Does a Fractured Android Mobile Device Market Mean?
- Why Your Business Should Be Using Mobile Application Management
- How Predictive Analytics Can Improve Medical Care
- How APM, SaaS and Analytics Are Streamlining Application Management
- How Graph Databases Bring Networking to Data
- How Insights-as-a-Service Solutions Use Big Data for Future Planning
- How Big Data Analytics Can Optimize IT Performance
- How Bitcoin Can Change the World
- How 3-D Printing Is Driving Business
- Why Industry Cloud Is the Next Big Thing
- How Can Agile IT Transform the IT Industry?
- Operational Hadoop in Next-Generation Data Architecture
- Managing Cloud Sprawl in Your Organization
- How Dark Data Can Impact the Big Data World
- WebRTC - A Revolution in Real-Time Communication
- Discovering Data Theft Using Hadoop and Big Data
- Why Hadoop Is a Perfect Match for Genome Sequencing
- Machine Learning & Hadoop in Next-Generation Fraud Detection
- The Importance of Apache Flink in Processing Streaming Data
- 5 Solutions to Counter Mobile Security Threats
- Can Enterprise Cloud’s Hyper Growth Continue?
- How Big Data is Helping Build Smart Cities
- The Top 10 Trends in Mobile Computing
- How Recommendation Systems Are the Way We Shop Online
- How Big Data Can Revolutionize Home Health Care
- How IoT Data Analytics & Personal Fitness Devices Can Keep You Healthier
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Real-Time Analytics - A Marriage Made in Heaven
- The Advantages of Real-Time Analytics for Enterprise
- Why Data Quality is Crucial to an Integrated Analytics Platform - A Health Care Example
- Destroying Silos With Integrated Data Analytics Platforms
- What Core Business Functions Can Benefit From Hadoop?
- How an Integrated Analytics Platform Can Help the Internet of Things Succeed
- Internet of Things (IoT) Data vs. Static Data Analytics
- The Impact Internet of Things (IoT) is Having on Different Industries
- How Apache Spark Helps Rapid Application Development
- Is Hadoop Adoption Really Worth It?
- What Is the Open Data Platform and What Is its Relation to Hadoop?
- What Can the Zeta Architecture Do for Enterprise?
- How Apache Drill Makes Data Analysis Easier for Everyone
- How Can SQL on Hadoop Help with Big Data Analysis?
- What is the Influence of Open Source on the Apache Hadoop Ecosystem?
- How Can We Handle Internet of Things (IoT) Generated Data Ethically?
- What Technologies Can Counter Big Data Security Threats?
- Big Data in the Cloud - How Secure is Our Data?
- What are the Advantages of the Hadoop 2.0 (YARN) Framework?
- What are the Top Driving Forces for the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- 5 Challenges in Big Data Analytics to Watch Out For
- Weighing the Pros and Cons of Real-Time Big Data Analytics
- How Big Data Impacts Data Centers
- 5 Insights About Big Data (Hadoop) as a Service
- What Big Data Trends Are on the Horizon?
- 10 Insights Into NoSQL
- Tackling Big Data Analytics Pain Points
- 11 Essential Steps for Implementing SaaS
- How Virtualization Can Empower SaaS Applications
- 10 Ways Virtualization Can Improve Security
- The Advantages of Virtualization in Software Development
- 10 Virtualization Tips Every Administrator Should Consider
- A Key Question in Enterprise Virtualization: What to Virtualize?
- Do You Really Understand Virtualization?
- Big Data, Social Sciences and How to Change Negative Outcomes Into Positive Ones
- 10 Best Practices for Encryption Key Management and Data Security
- 10 Big Data Do's and Don'ts
- Challenges to Overcome in Big Data Implementation
- Data, Big and Small: Where's the Real Value?
- The 10 Most Important Hadoop Terms You Need to Know and Understand
- The Basics of IT Planning
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Learn the benefits and limitations of the 3 generations of IT infrastructure – siloed, converged and hyperconverged – and discover how the 4th...
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Businesses today aspire to achieve a software-defined datacenter (SDDC) to enhance business agility and reduce operational complexity. However, the...
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap.
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Virtual Health Monitor is a free virtualization monitoring and reporting tool for VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, and XenServer environments.
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
Turbonomic delivers an autonomic platform where virtual and cloud environments self-manage in real-time to assure application performance.
- Mar29 Health Check: Maintaining Enterprise BI
- Apr11 Discovering Big Data in the Fog: Why Catalogs Matter
- Apr18 A Winning Strategy for the Digital Economy
Being digital should be of more interest than being electronic.- Alan Turing, 1947