Todd D. Lyle is a leader. Currently his focus is on educating organizations about the potential for harnessing the human element through use of the cloud via a cloud services brokerage.
His fascination with the possibilities of information technologies began when he was issued his first “laptop” while serving as a young lieutenant in a U.S. Army aviation regiment in South Korea. In 1988, a bulky Zenith SuperSport 286 portable computer was his first brush with “mobile” computing.
Years later, having served with IFOR in Bosnia as a Force Protection Officer, Lyle returned home and obtained a Master of Science in Risk Control from the University of Wisconsin – Stout in the winter of 1998. Shortly thereafter he was offered a leadership position with a major technology company. It was while working at Microsoft that Lyle became interested in utility computing commonly referred to as the cloud.
Being well aware of the potential of cloud computing, in 2007 Lyle launched Duncan Cloud Services Brokerage to participate in the development, implementation and governance of this exciting new utility. At Duncan, Lyle assembled a business and technology savvy team that created “ingenious cloud computing services bundles that focus on affordable and customer-centric solutions.”
Today Lyle draws on his military and private sector experiences to teach and talk about continuity, operations, security, and best practices when it comes to people using the internet.
Lyle’s years of process development and his various wins and losses have allowed him to become a practical innovator in the realm of technology solutions. In 2013 Todd was encouraged to share “need to know technologies,” the result being the “Grounding The Cloud” series.
Recent Articles by Todd Lyle
All Articles by Todd Lyle
- Channeling the Human Element: Policy, Procedure and Process
- The Chip in the Card: EMV Chip Promises Increased Security for Payments
- Technology and Our Children: Too Much and Too Little
- Beware! Your Devices Are Spying On You
- 6 Free Ways to Take Control of Your Internet Privacy
- Top 10 Reasons to Embrace the Public Cloud
- The Four Major Cloud Players: Pros and Cons
- A Look at the Growth of Cloud Services
- Grounding the Cloud: What You Need to Know About Cloud Service Brokers
- Grounding the Cloud: What You Need to Know About Cloud Services
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
- Dec13 Modern Business, Defined
- Dec21 An Ounce of Prevention: Forging Healthy BI
- Jan19 Tactic or Trend: The Potential of the Data Lake
Being digital should be of more interest than being electronic.- Alan Turing, 1947