Recent Articles by Melissa Rudy
Virtual machines are essentially computers within computer, which means that when things go wrong, there are extra layers that must be checked. Here are some tips for quickly and effectively troubleshooting your VM problems.
Finding the symptoms of problems is easy, but tracking down the underlying cause can be a bit trickier. A combination of root cause analysis and software can be invaluable for pinpointing problems.
Public Wi-Fi is a modern convenience that many people take for granted. However, tapping into public Wi-Fi could be putting your data at risk.
All Articles by Melissa Rudy
- Reducing VM Troubleshooting Time
- Using Root Cause Analysis to Investigate Application Issues
- Staying Safe When Using Public Wi-Fi Connections
- How Network Virtualization is Used as a Security Tool
- What to Consider When Choosing a Network Virtualization Platform
- Can Niche Cloud Providers Compete with the 'Big Guys'?
- Barriers to PaaS: Why Many Businesses Are Opting Out of Platform-as-a-Service
- How Retailers Can Safeguard Against Holiday Hackers
- The Future of Virtualization: What’s New for 2015?
- The Top 3 Advantages of Virtualization
- Virtualization Security: Tips to Prevent VM Hyper Jumping
- Tech Terms You Ought to Know
- Is Cutting Energy Waste a Problem Big Data Can Solve?
- What the $#@! Is Data Discovery?
- 4 Bad Business Intelligence Habits to Avoid at All Costs
- Never Really Gone: How to Protect Deleted Data From Hackers
- 6 Ways to Keep Apps From Oversharing Your Personal Data
- What the $#@! Is Hadoop?
- Destroying Data DIY
- 6 Outdated Gadgets You Can Toss
- Is the NSA Spying on Me?
- 10 Tech Acronyms You Must Know
- 5 Things to Remember About the NSA Leaks
- 5 Reasons Why Companies Love Cloud - and Why They Don't
- There's an App for That - In Your Car
- The New Frontier for Hackers: Your Smartphone
- Cloud vs. Local Backup: Which Do You Need?
- The Device You Don't Think About: Security Tips for Tablet PCs
- The Basics of Two-Factor Authentication
- Why APIs Have Become a Big Deal
- Buh-Bye Remote Control: Things You Can Control With Your Smartphone
- The 3 Key Components of BYOD Security
- Warp Speed to Biotech Utopia: 5 Cool Medical Advancements
- 3 Ways to Charge Your Devices Without Plugging Them In
- Voice Recognition Technology: Helpful or Painful?
- GPS Shoes: Making Life Easier, One Step at a Time
- The Windows 8 Cloud: How the New OS Embraces Cloud Technology
- The Four Faces of Windows 8: Edition Roundup
- Windows 8 Is Coming: What You Should Know About Its UI
- Project Management, Cloud Computing Style
- Fashion for the Uber-Geek: Wearable Technology
- Project Management 101
- 6 Common Tech Mistakes Small Businesses Make
- Do I Know You? Social Networking Vs. Social Discovery
"Techopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Techopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
The Path to Hybrid Cloud: Intelligent Bursting To Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap.
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Virtual Health Monitor is a free virtualization monitoring and reporting tool for VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, and XenServer environments.
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
Turbonomic delivers an autonomic platform where virtual and cloud environments self-manage in real-time to assure application performance.
- Nov01 Time's Up! Getting Value from Big Data Now
- Nov02 Application Acceleration: Faster Performance for End Users
- Nov16 Data Modeling in an Agile Environment
- Dec07 Protect Your Database: High Availability for High Demand Data
E-mail is not a threat. (Postal mail) is universal. The Internet is not.- USPS spokesperson Susan Brennan, in a 2001 Wired article.