At Techopedia, we aim to provide insight and inspiration to IT professionals, technology decision-makers and anyone else who is proud to be called a geek. From defining complex tech jargon in our dictionary, to exploring the latest trend in our articles or providing in-depth coverage of a topic in our tutorials, our goal is to help you better understand technology - and, we hope, make better decisions as a result.
Recent Questions by Techopedia Staff
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Li-Fi technology?
- What is the difference between Li-Fi and Wi-Fi?
- What is Li-Fi?
- How is containerization different from virtualization?
- How does SQL monitoring work as part of general server monitoring?
- What is the difference between scale-out versus scale-up (architecture, applications, etc.)?
- What is the difference between sFlow and NetFlow?
- What is the difference between a private cloud and a virtualized data center?
- What is the difference between a managed service provider and a public cloud?
- What's the difference between converged and hyper-converged infrastructure?
- What is the difference between vMotion, VM migration and live migration?
- What is the difference between a virtual machine and a container?
- What is the difference between CPU contention and CPU ready queue?
- Is big data a one-size-fits-all solution?
- How can an enterprise achieve analytic agility with big data?
- How can existing data warehouse environments best scale to meet the needs of big data analytics?
- What role will the Internet of Things play in the big data ecosystem?
- With more big data solutions moving to the cloud, how will that impact network performance and security?
- More isn’t always better. How can organizations reduce the noise in their data to achieve targeted, accurate analytics?
- Is Hadoop for everyone?
- How has big data affected the traditional analytic workflow?
- What considerations are most important when deciding which big data solutions to implement?
- What circumstances led to the rise of the big data ecosystem?
- What's the difference between software-defined networking (SDN) and network virtualization?
- What's the difference between a host name, a domain name and a fully qualified domain name (FDQN)?
- How can a local area network (LAN) be secured?
- How can mobile apps help business?
- What does "mobile compatible" mean?
- How does mobile computing work?
- What is the difference between a mobile hotspot and tethering?
- What does big data mean for official statistics?
- How can cloud computing help small businesses?
- How can cloud computing be used at home?
- How can I set up cloud storage?
- What is the difference between privacy, confidentiality and security?
- How can security be both a project and process?
- How can security be measured?
- What does secured with WEP mean?
- How can you securely delete files?
- How can you securely erase SSD?
- What does secure browsing mean?
- How can passwords be stored securely in a database?
- How can I securely erase or wipe an iPad?
- What is the difference between security architecture and security design?
- How can a hard drive be erased securely?
- How can I secure my Facebook account?
- What is the difference between security and privacy?
- Can mobile phones be tracked?
- Can mobile phones cause cancer?
- How can mobile phones be recycled?
- What does the mobile network state mean?
- What is the difference between cloud computing and mobile computing?
- What is the difference between a mobile OS and a computer OS?
- What is the difference between mobile and wireless?
- What is the difference between mobile communication and mobile computing?
- What is the difference between mobile data and Wi-Fi?
- How can I learn to use Hadoop to analyze big data?
- What is the difference between little endian and big endian data formats?
- How can I learn big data analytics?
- What does big data do?
- What is the difference between big data and Hadoop?
- What is the difference between big data and data mining?
- How can cloud computing save money?
- What is Cloud Print and how is it used?
- What is the difference between cloud computing and Web hosting?
- What is the difference between cloud computing and virtualization?
Recent Articles by Techopedia Staff
Meet Techopedia’s New Deals Store - and Save Big on Online Courses, Certifications, Software and More!
No matter where you work or play, the digital landscape is always changing – and it’s changing fast. That makes information and the tools to use it more important than ever. That’s why we’re introducing a new area of on our website: Techopedia Deals.
We talked to Ben Nye, the CEO of Turbonomic. Here he talks about autonomic systems and the importance of automation in increasingly complex, data-driven environments.
Predictive analytics is just beginning to come into its own. We talked to the Global Analytics Product Manager for Dell Statistica to get his thoughts on the technology's biggest strengths, and how companies can leverage them.
All Articles by Techopedia Staff
- Meet Techopedia’s New Deals Store - and Save Big on Online Courses, Certifications, Software and More!
- Autonomic Systems and Elevating Humans from Being Middleware: Q&A with Ben Nye, CEO of Turbonomic
- Predictive Analytics in the Real World: What Does It Look Like?
- Harnessing the Firehose: Getting Business Value from Streaming Analytics - Webinar Transcript
- Webcast: Getting It Right With High-Powered Analytics
- Webcast: Connecting the Dots Within Hadoop
- Open Source: Top Feeds To Follow on Twitter
- Artificial Intelligence: Top Feeds to Follow on Twitter
- Choosing a Virtualization Platform
- Top Must-Know Network Security Tricks
- INFOGRAPHIC: Why Do People Uninstall Apps?
- Chief Technology Officers: Top Twitter Influencers to Follow
- Cloud Computing: Top Twitter Influencers to Follow
- How I Got Here: 11 Questions With VMTurbo CTO Charles Crouchman
- Security: Top Twitter Influencers to Follow
- The Key to Quality Big Data Analytics: Understanding 'Different' - TechWise Episode 4 Transcript
- Web Roundup: Lawsuits, Smartphones and Social Networks... Oh My!
- #Virtualization: Top Twitter Influencers To Follow
- Developing Private Cloud: Companies Look for a Shining Star for Custom Cloud Solutions
- Anatomy of a Startup Event - Interview with SXSW Accelerator Pioneer
- INFOGRAPHIC: Data Centers Drink Your Energy Milkshake
- INFOGRAPHIC: Meaningful Use and the EHR Storage Boom
- How Can Analytics Improve Business? - TechWise Episode 2 Transcript
- Why Data Loss Happens - and What to Do About It
- Everything You Need to Know About Net Neutrality Comes in the Hilarious Rant That Crashed the FCC's Website
- Data Analytics: Experts to Follow on Twitter
- A Deep Dive Into Hadoop - TechWise Episode 1 Transcript
- CRM Project Failure: Do's and Dont's To Help You Avoid It
- How Hadoop Helps Solve the Big Data Problem
- IoT: Experts to Follow on Twitter
- INFOGRAPHIC: Only 6 Percent of Companies With No Disaster Recovery Plan Survive
- How Much Time Do You Spend on Social Media Sites?
- How to Fix A Phone That Drops In The Toilet
- INFOGRAPHIC: 4 Major Criminals Caught by Computer Technology
- INFOGRAPHIC: The History of the Hashtag
- INFOGRAPHIC: How to Get Out of Google Jail
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Data Backup Costs Behind Big Data
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Benefits of Big Data Marketing
- INFOGRAPHIC: How Burglars Are Using Social Media
- INFOGRAPHIC: Retro Tech That's Worth Big Bucks
- INFOGRAPHIC: 9 Tips for Keeping Your Internet Use Private
- INFOGRAPHIC: The History of Programming Languages
- INFOGRAPHIC: Is FBI's Magic Lantern the Ultimate Keylogger?
- INFOGRAPHIC: A Guide to New and Outdated Tech Terms
- INFOGRAPHIC: Is Printer Ink the Most Expensive Liquid in the World?
- INFOGRAPHIC: 50 Years of Visionary Sci-Fi Computer Interface Design
- INFOGRAPHIC: Top 12 Dead Google Projects
- INFOGRAPHIC: Would You Rather Work at Google or Facebook?
- Apple: iExperts to Follow on Twitter
- INFOGRAPHIC: IT Jobs With the Highest Pay and Fastest Growth
- INFOGRAPHIC: Is Social Media Making Us Psycho?
- INFOGRAPHIC: Who's Winning the Browser War?
- INFOGRAPHIC: A Primer on Networking Cables
- INFOGRAPHIC: This Is What a 5MB Hard Drive Looked Like In 1956
- INFOGRAPHIC: The World's 10 Largest Data Centers
- INFOGRAPHIC: 1984 in 2013: Privacy and the Internet
- INFOGRAPHIC: How Damaged Smartphones Cause Billions in Losses
- INFOGRAPHIC: What Happens to Electronic Waste?
- 3 BYOD Costs Companies Often Overlook
- INFOGRAPHIC: What Your Instagram Filter Says About You
- INFOGRAPHIC: How to Troubleshoot DNS Errors
- INFOGRAPHIC: What Developers Should Know About Android Vs. iOS
- INFOGRAPHIC: How 2,405,518,376 Internet Users Changed the World
- INFOGRAPHIC: A Brief History of Geek Romances
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Psychology of an Internet Troll
- Data Visualization: Data That Feeds Our Senses
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Geek's Guide to Becoming an Uber-Geek
- INFOGRAPHIC: Will Big Data Revolutionize Health Care?
- INFOGRAPHIC: How Technology's Boosting Startup Success
- Using Algorithms to Predict Elections: A Chat With Drew Linzer
- INFOGRAPHIC: Why It Sucks to Be the IT Guy
- INFOGRAPHIC: Does Moving to the Cloud Really Leave You On Cloud 9?
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Grinch Who Stole Data
- INFOGRAPHIC: Humanizing Big Data
- INFOGRAPHIC: A Peek Behind the Website Paywall Trend
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Growing Demand for Networking Pros
- INFOGRAPHIC: Is Text Messaging Ruining the English Language?
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Health Hazards of Using a Tablet Computer
- INFOGRAPHIC: Young Professionals Want Internet Access More Than Money?
- INFOGRAPHIC: Can Your Smartphone Keep You Healthier?
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Rise of eReading
- Open Source: Is It Too Good to Be True?
- Crowdsourcing: What It Is, Why It Works and Why It Isn't Going Away
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Economics of Fake Twitter Followers
- INFOGRAPHIC: How to Become a Mobile App Developer
- INFOGRAPHIC: HTML5 - Why Developers Need It
- 5 Things to Know About BYOD
- INFOGRAPHIC: What Does Your Smartphone Say About You?
- A Look at Data Center Infrastructure Management
- INFOGRAPHIC: Cloud Computing in the Classroom
- INFOGRAPHIC: How to Stop Overages on Your Data Plan
- INFOGRAPHIC: The New Face of 21st Century Cyberwarfare
- NoSQL 101
- Database Administration Careers 101
- INFOGRAPHIC: Google Ads And The War On Free Clicks
- INFOGRAPHIC: Sneaky Apps That Are Stealing Your Personal Information
- INFOGRAPHIC: International Internet Scam Hotspots
- The Online Privacy Debate: Top Twitter Influencers To Follow
- INFOGRAPHIC: Driving While 'Intexticated'
- INFOGRAPHIC: A Declaration of Internet Freedom
- INFOGRAPHIC: IT Ninjas Embrace BYOD
- INFOGRAPHIC: Small Businesses Face Big Cyber Risk
- INFOGRAPHIC: Is Social Media Making Us Socially Awkward?
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Global VoIP Revolution
- INFOGRAPHIC: How Much Data Is Generated Online Every Minute?
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Growth of Cloud Computing
- INFOGRAPHIC: How Mobile Apps are Invading Your Privacy
- INFOGRAPHIC: Taming the Big Data Monster
- Why CRM Strategies Fail (and What to Do About It)
- Multiplexing: An Intro to How it Works
- The 7 Basic Principles of IT Security
"Techopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Techopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
The Path to Hybrid Cloud: Intelligent Bursting To Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap.
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Virtual Health Monitor is a free virtualization monitoring and reporting tool for VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, and XenServer environments.
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
Turbonomic delivers an autonomic platform where virtual and cloud environments self-manage in real-time to assure application performance.
- Oct25 A Bigger Magnifying Glass: Analyzing the Internet of Things
- Oct26 The Central Hub: Defining the Data Lake
- Oct27 The New Normal: Dealing with the Reality of an Unsecure World
- Nov01 Time's Up! Getting Value from Big Data Now
- Nov16 Data Modeling in an Agile Environment
Being digital should be of more interest than being electronic.- Alan Turing, 1947