Michael Kassner is a veteran reporter of technology, wordsmith, and founder of MKassner Net (LLC).
Recent Articles by Michael Kassner
Agriculture usually isn't considered a very high-tech industry, but farmers are now using big data and other technological innovations to help drive efficiency and profit.
Big data is big business, but only if it's used properly. Here we examine some myths about big data that may be holding your company back.
Digital IP can make or break a company, and its theft and misuse can be disastrous. Here we examine some low-tech ways to keep your IP out of the wrong hands.
All Articles by Michael Kassner
- Why Big Data Is Big Business in Agriculture
- 6 Big Myths About Managing Big Data
- 10 Low-Tech Ways to Protect Digital IP
- 10 Tips for Avoiding Key Software Flaws
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Help Design Firms Please Clients
- 10 Innovations That Have Made Data Centers More Efficient
- Who's Responsible for Cloud Security Now?
- Is There Any Trust Between Corporate and IT Departments?
- Google's End-to-End Encryption Isn't What It Seems
- Trusting Encryption Just Got a Lot Harder
- Why Android Anti-Malware Apps Are a Good Idea
- Is This a Potential Cure for Malicious Android Apps?
- 5 Key Areas Where Big Data Is Making a Major Impact
- 7 Things to Know About Hadoop
- Do Millennials Understand Online Privacy?
- How I Got Here: 12 Questions With Cybercrime-Fighter Gary Warner
- Internet of Things: Great Innovation or Big Fat Mistake?
- Electronic Health Records: Here's What's at Stake
- PowerLocker: How Hackers Can Hold Your Files for Ransom
- Why Free Smartphone Apps Are Anything But Free
- Money Laundering, the Internet Way
"Techopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Techopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
The Path to Hybrid Cloud: Intelligent Bursting To Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap.
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Virtual Health Monitor is a free virtualization monitoring and reporting tool for VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, and XenServer environments.
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
Turbonomic delivers an autonomic platform where virtual and cloud environments self-manage in real-time to assure application performance.
- Oct25 A Bigger Magnifying Glass: Analyzing the Internet of Things
- Oct26 The Central Hub: Defining the Data Lake
- Oct27 The New Normal: Dealing with the Reality of an Unsecure World
- Nov01 Time's Up! Getting Value from Big Data Now
- Nov16 Data Modeling in an Agile Environment
Being digital should be of more interest than being electronic.- Alan Turing, 1947