Michael Kassner is a veteran reporter of technology, wordsmith, and founder of MKassner Net (LLC).
Recent Articles by Michael Kassner
Agriculture usually isn't considered a very high-tech industry, but farmers are now using big data and other technological innovations to help drive efficiency and profit.
Big data is big business, but only if it's used properly. Here we examine some myths about big data that may be holding your company back.
Digital IP can make or break a company, and its theft and misuse can be disastrous. Here we examine some low-tech ways to keep your IP out of the wrong hands.
All Articles by Michael Kassner
- Why Big Data Is Big Business in Agriculture
- 6 Big Myths About Managing Big Data
- 10 Low-Tech Ways to Protect Digital IP
- 10 Tips for Avoiding Key Software Flaws
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Help Design Firms Please Clients
- 10 Innovations That Have Made Data Centers More Efficient
- Who's Responsible for Cloud Security Now?
- Is There Any Trust Between Corporate and IT Departments?
- Google's End-to-End Encryption Isn't What It Seems
- Trusting Encryption Just Got a Lot Harder
- Why Android Anti-Malware Apps Are a Good Idea
- Is This a Potential Cure for Malicious Android Apps?
- 5 Key Areas Where Big Data Is Making a Major Impact
- 7 Things to Know About Hadoop
- Do Millennials Understand Online Privacy?
- How I Got Here: 12 Questions With Cybercrime-Fighter Gary Warner
- Internet of Things: Great Innovation or Big Fat Mistake?
- Electronic Health Records: Here's What's at Stake
- PowerLocker: How Hackers Can Hold Your Files for Ransom
- Why Free Smartphone Apps Are Anything But Free
- Money Laundering, the Internet Way
"Techopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Techopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Learn the benefits and limitations of the 3 generations of IT infrastructure – siloed, converged and hyperconverged – and discover how the 4th...
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Businesses today aspire to achieve a software-defined datacenter (SDDC) to enhance business agility and reduce operational complexity. However, the...
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap.
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Virtual Health Monitor is a free virtualization monitoring and reporting tool for VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, and XenServer environments.
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
Turbonomic delivers an autonomic platform where virtual and cloud environments self-manage in real-time to assure application performance.
- Dec06 A Better Understanding: Solving Business Challenges with Data
- Dec07 Protect Your Database: High Availability for High Demand Data
- Dec08 Tactic or Trend: The Potential of the Data Lake
- Dec13 Modern Business, Defined
- Dec21 An Ounce of Prevention: Forging Healthy BI
Being digital should be of more interest than being electronic.- Alan Turing, 1947