Tara Struyk is a senior editor at Techopedia.com and a freelance editor, blogger and writer for hire. She specializes in writing about personal finance, investing, careers and consumer technology. Likes: The Internet, espresso and running. Dislikes: Typos, debt and domestic vehicles.
Personal Website: http://verse-reverse.com
Recent Articles by Tara Struyk
While edge analytics has provided the technology to leverage IoT in a smarter, better way, its promise actually extends beyond IoT to the edge of a more traditional data ecosystem. Read more about its benefits here.
Host Eric Kavanagh discusses the cloud and what it can mean for business with representatives from The Bloor Group, Qubole, Cloudant and Attunity.
The cybersecurity field is growing, profitable and full of possibility. We asked experts in the field what this career is about - and how to succeed.
All Articles by Tara Struyk
- Living on the Edge: The 5 Key Benefits of Edge Analytics
- The Cloud Imperative - What, Why, When and How - TechWise Episode 3 Transcript
- Cybersecurity: The Big, Profitable Field Techies Are Overlooking
- We Asked Women In Tech: Why Aren't There More of You?
- 5 Tech Experts Share Their Caching Secrets
- Twitter Fail! 15 Things You Should Never Do On Twitter
- The Data Security Gap Many Companies Overlook
- 9 Cool Ways Companies Are Using the iPad
- Understanding Bits, Bytes and Their Multiples
- Windows 8 for Small Business: Upgrade or Wait?
- Top 7 Tech Companies With the Most Opportunity
- Big Data's Got a Problem, But It Isn't Technology
- For Customer Service, Please Click 'Tweet'
- 7 Sneaky Ways Hackers Can Get Your Facebook Password
- How to Become an IT Director: Tips from the Top
- How to Use Twitter to Land a Tech Job
- An Introduction to Application Software
- The Craziest Tech Interview Questions - and What They Might Mean
- What is the difference between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi?
- 7 Signs of a Facebook Scam
- From Bluetooth to New Tooth: A Look at Bluetooth 4.0
- An Intro To Bitcoin: Can A Virtual Currency Work?
- An Introduction to QR Codes
"Techopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Techopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Learn the benefits and limitations of the 3 generations of IT infrastructure – siloed, converged and hyperconverged – and discover how the 4th...
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Businesses today aspire to achieve a software-defined datacenter (SDDC) to enhance business agility and reduce operational complexity. However, the...
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap.
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Virtual Health Monitor is a free virtualization monitoring and reporting tool for VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, and XenServer environments.
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
Turbonomic delivers an autonomic platform where virtual and cloud environments self-manage in real-time to assure application performance.
- Jan19 Tactic or Trend: The Potential of the Data Lake
- Jan24 Time Is of the Essence: Analyzing Raw Data in Real Time
- Jan25 Into the Future: An On-Ramp for In-Memory Computing
- Jan31 Modern Business, Defined
- Feb22 The DBA’s Dream: Discovery & Management Across the Environment
E-mail is not a threat. (Postal mail) is universal. The Internet is not.- USPS spokesperson Susan Brennan, in a 2001 Wired article.