How does SQL monitoring work as part of general server monitoring?
Server monitoring works as a general-purpose type of monitoring for these key pieces of hardware. Server monitoring may include looking at network traffic and issues like server availability, as well as server usage of resources like CPU and memory. Other types of server monitoring include tools for observing the deployment or handling of virtual machines in a virtualized network system, service and process monitoring, and even physical server monitoring for metrics like temperature and fan status.
|Webinar: Analyze and Optimize: A New Approach to Monitoring|
Within server monitoring, SQL monitoring is the specific analysis of the Structured Query Language (SQL) used to perform so many requests for information from business servers. In SQL monitoring, administrators look at specific wait times, optimization and efficiency for sending and fulfilling SQL requests for information. For example, part of SQL monitoring may include looking at the most "expensive queries" for a system. These most expensive queries would be the types of SQL queries that would require the most system resources, because of the complexity of sifting through the information and returning results.
More Q&As from our experts
- What are the biggest uses of SQL today?
- What does the mobile network state mean?
- With more big data solutions moving to the cloud, how will that impact network performance and security?
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Data Modeling
- .NET Framework
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Process Management
- Database Row
- Region of Interest
- Transaction Processing Monitor
Tech moves fast! Stay ahead of the curve with Techopedia!
Join nearly 200,000 subscribers who receive actionable tech insights from Techopedia.
- Data Governance Is Everyone's Business
- Key Applications for AI in the Supply Chain
- Service Mesh for Mere Mortals - Free 100+ page eBook
- Do You Need a Head of Remote?
- Web Data Collection in 2022 - Everything you need to know
- How to Protect Microsoft 365 from NOBELIUM Hackers
- 5 Steps to Streamline Security for your Hybrid Network