Can turning on multifactor authentication boost my security hygiene?
No. Hygiene is about remediating known vulnerabilities, applying all important patches quickly, and hardening all systems settings by ensuring they match the latest security benchmarks. That said, multifactor authentication is a great thing to do, as it makes your company much more secure – it just doesn’t fall under the heading “hygiene.”
More Q&As from our experts
- Why is multi-factor authentication an important component of cybersecurity?
- How can I secure the devices in my company without degrading the UX?
- What are the security risks associated with endpoint management?
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Information Assurance
- Wi-Fi Protected Access
- Wi-Fi Protected Access II
Tech moves fast! Stay ahead of the curve with Techopedia!
Join nearly 200,000 subscribers who receive actionable tech insights from Techopedia.