Stoltzfus spent several years as a staffer at the Intelligencer Journal in Lancaster, Penn., before the merger of the city’s two daily newspapers in 2007. He also reported for the twin weekly newspapers in the area, the Ephrata Review and the Lititz Record. More recently, he has cultivated connections with various companies as an independent consultant, writer and trainer, collecting bylines in print and Web publications, and establishing a reputation for excellence in corporate training, marketing campaigns and other media projects.
Recent Questions by Justin Stoltzfus
- What are the compliance limitations of public cloud?
- What is tunneling as it applies to a virtual network?
- How do containers differ from virtual machines?
- What is the difference between deploying containers inside a VM vs directly on bare metal?
- How is a private cloud platform different from a public cloud platform?
- What are some of the biggest challenges with legacy migration?
- How do firms collect data "at the edge" of a network?
- How do professionals use visual query building tools?
- Why should managers guard against database redundancy?
- What does a central DBMS interface do?
- What are the biggest uses of SQL today?
- How do companies create a server inventory?
- What problems do query plan monitoring techniques fix?
- What is the difference between C and C++?
- How did people interact with computers before monitors were commonplace?
- What is the difference between alpha testing and beta testing?
- What is a virtual local area network (VLAN) and why would I use one?
- What is the difference between a composite key, primary key and foreign key?
- What is the appeal of NoSQL databases and what pushes companies to move toward implementing them?
- What does partitioning mean in regards to a database?
- What is the difference between a NoSQL database and a traditional database management system?
- What is server sprawl and what can I do about it?
- What does a data management platform do?
- What are some important aspects of file integrity monitoring?
- How is SIEM different from general event log management and monitoring?
- What’s the difference between SEM, SIM and SIEM?
- Why do systems benefit from event log monitoring?
- How do admins use server monitoring to evaluate network performance?
- What is involved in active directory monitoring?
- What resources are available for Sharepoint monitoring, Exchange monitoring and analysis of other Microsoft products?
- What's the difference between SharePoint monitoring and server monitoring?
- How do administrators use a NetFlow collector?
- How do administrators find bandwidth hogs?
- How is bandwidth monitoring different from other types of network monitoring?
- How does LAN monitoring differ from larger network monitoring?
- What do network admins accomplish with a bandwidth analyzer or bandwidth monitor?
- How does network scanning work?
- How is network mapping different than network monitoring?
- What are the most common network topologies?
- How are a network analyzer and a network scanner different?
- What is the difference between a network switch and a network router?
- What is the difference between DRS and SDRS?
Recent Articles by Justin Stoltzfus
All Articles by Justin Stoltzfus
- Turbonomic: Bringing Autonomics to Virtualization
- Naming Conventions: What's the Big Deal?
- The Work of Ten Pros: 10x Developers - Are They Real?
- 5 Ways Companies Can Cut Cloud Costs
- Internet in the Developing World - Questions Around Access and Net Neutrality
- 5 Ways Our Cars Have Become Computers
- New Generators Put Modern Algorithms to Work on ASCII Art
- Uncle Sam in the Cloud? Federal Trends in Cloud Use
- Should You Worry About Rowhammer?
- A Loon-y Proposition - Your Future Wireless May Be Brought To You By a Hot Air Balloon
- Distance Charging - Juice Up Your Smartphone From the Next Room?
- What Exactly Is Application-Centric IT Management?
- Why Hybrid Hosting Is Becoming a Popular Cloud Hosting Solution
- Solar Clothes? Perovskite Adds Potential for Charging Fibers
- Does Your Web Project Need Sass?
- Born in the Cloud: The Next Generation of Cloud Services
- 5 Research Tools for Enterprise in a New Business World
- SEO's Not Dead, It's Just Changing
- New Visual Basic: New Name, New Features
- 5 Big Cloud Security Features for Enterprise Use
- Does a Car Really Need a 'Smart Key'?
- 3 Big Headaches for Virtualization Software Users
- Aggregated Security with OpenDNS
- Ditch Your Inbox? No-Email Initiatives and What They're For
- The Future is Bright for OLED Displays
- Why Use Cloud Access Security Brokers?
- 5 Things Mobile Virtualization Will Do
- Virtualization Versus the Cloud
- Cloud Computing and Carbon Footprints: Why Cloud Solutions Are Green Solutions
- 5 Ways to Get Value Out of Your Business Data
- 5 Geek Terms That Are Cooler Than They Sound
- Recycling Old Tech - It's the Law
- 5 Weird Ways Technology Is Changing Our Behavior
- I Hear Dead People? Natural Language Tech Makes Past and Present Voices Come Alive
- No, That's Not My Hand In There! Why Sockpuppet Marketing Is Bad News
- Sudden Interface Changes: Why Disorienting Users Can Hurt
- The Analytical Engine: A Look Back at Babbage's Timeless Designs
- Computer Programming for the People?
- The Simple Answer to Many Major Security Breaches? Thumb Drives
- E-Textiles: Will Your Clothes Be Smarter Than You?
- When SQL Isn't Enough: Controls for Massive New Data Centers
- The New Technology That Could Double Wireless Spectrum Efficiency
- Eat This Tweet: Creating Life Cycles for Social Media Messages
- VIDEO: Rajat Taneja on Video Games as the Biggest Big Data Challenge
- Bye Bye Boss, Hello Office of the Future
- Gaming Principles and the Future Virtual World
- 5 Things to Look for in CISPA's Replacement
- What You Should Know About Service Level Agreements
- Video: George Dyson on Big Data's Birth and Where It's Headed
- Video: Drew Conway and Jake Porway on Data Without Borders
- What Do Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) Mean for Education?
- Video: Sugata Mitra on the Cloud-Based Schools of the Future
- Video: Vijay Kumar on Agile Aerial Robots, Artificial Intelligence
- Video: Ray Kurzweil on 'Exponential' Tech Advancement
- Video: Mike Olson, CEO of Cloudera, on Hadoop and Future Research Possibilities
- An Introduction to Candidate Keys
- Video: Kate Crawford of Microsoft on Big Data Vs. Data With Depth
- Unraveling SoLoMo and the Future of Search
- An Introduction to Transaction Processing
- Raiding the 'Headquarters' of Click Fraud Operations
- Trans-Atlantic Cable: The Real Infrastructure of the Internet
- Why Tech Companies Use Code Names
- Slow Dancing With Technology: Debugging, the Programmer and the Machine
- What Mean Time Between Failures Really Means
- DevOps 101
- Nanotechnology: The Biggest Little Innovation in Tech
- How Much Do Online Marketers Know About You?
- Revolution In Hard Drives: Frickin' Laser Beams
- New Advances in Biometrics: A More Secure Password
- Raspberry Pi Revolution: Return to Computer Basics?
- Using Product Management Features in a CRM Solution
- Is the Cloud Catching on in Your Doctor's Office?
- The Carbon Footprint of a Web Search: Who's Green?
- Cloud Computing for Vehicles: Tomorrow's High-Tech Car
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
- Jan24 Time Is of the Essence: Analyzing Raw Data in Real Time
- Jan25 Into the Future: An On-Ramp for In-Memory Computing
- Jan31 Modern Business, Defined
- Feb22 The DBA’s Dream: Discovery & Management Across the Environment
- Mar15 Rapid Response: Debugging and Profiling to the Rescue
Being digital should be of more interest than being electronic.- Alan Turing, 1947