What Does Human Resources Information System Mean?
A Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is a software or online solution that is used for data entry, data tracking and the data information requirements of an organization’s human resources (HR) management, payroll and bookkeeping operations. A HRIS is usually offered as a database.
HRIS is geared toward enhancing the capacity of HR management to:
- Absorb new and promising technologies
- Simplify workflow
- Optimize precision, stability and credibility of workforce data
- Simplify the deployment and collection of data
Techopedia Explains Human Resources Information System
An efficient HRIS provides:
- Administration of all staff data
- Reporting and evaluation of staff data
- Company-related records, including staff handbooks, disaster evacuation methods and security recommendations
- Rewards management, such as enrollment, status modifications and updating of personal data
- Comprehensive integration with payroll, in addition to other accounting systems and financial software
- Applicant monitoring and resume administration
An efficient HRIS helps an organization track:
- Paid time off (PTO) and attendance
- Pay scale history
- Positions and pay grades
- Overall performance development strategies
- Coaching obtained
- Disciplinary actions
- Personal staff data
- Key staff succession plans
- Identification of prospective staff
- Applicant administration, including interview process and selection
An organization can select and customize a HRIS it to meet its requirements. An efficient HRIS provides an organization with information on virtually anything required to monitor and examine staff/applicant data. A customized HRIS helps HR train staff to execute administrative tasks, allowing HR to focus on other strategic functions.
In addition, information required for knowledge development, equal treatment, staff management and career growth is provided. Also, managers can gain access to the information required to efficiently and legally assist the success of their direct reports.