Definition - What does FileMaker Pro mean?
FileMaker Pro is a cross-platform database application program that allows users to organize data into screens, layouts or forms and manage contacts and projects. Initially, FileMaker Pro was designed to work with Apple computers, but it later became available on the Windows platform.
An important aspect of FileMaker pro is that users do not need programming skills to use it. It consists of more than 30 integrated starter solutions, which helps users to rapidly handle important tasks.
Techopedia explains FileMaker Pro
Since its launch, FileMaker Pro has been released in various versions, from Version 1 to FrameMaker Pro 11 Advanced. FileMaker Go is also available for iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad.
Some of the of FileMaker Pro's key capabilities include:
- Creating a Custom Database: FileMaker Pro can be used to create customizable databases to suit the users' unique requirements.
- Producing Reports: The program offers step-by-step reporting tools that can be used to handle and automate user tasks. FileMaker Pro helps to effortlessly generate and email reports in PDF or Excel.
- Publishing Data on the Web: FileMaker helps users to safely publish their databases on the Web with a few clicks. Users can also create surveys, customer feedback forms, registration sites, and much more.
- Sharing the Data: FileMaker Pro enables the users to securely share the data with both Mac and Windows users. They can share the databases to a network with a maximum of nine other users.
FileMaker Pro normally deals with fields in a record and is concerned with organizing data into layouts. Multiple tables can be included into one document. FileMaker Pro work is done in any of the following four modes:
- Layout Mode: This mode specifies the appearance of data on the screen.
- Find Mode: This mode locates records from a table.
- Preview Mode: This mode provides a preview of data before it is printed.
- Browse Mode: This mode allows data to be entered and viewed.
Although data is entered into FileMaker Pro only once, the information can be viewed in many ways. Layouts display all or some fields as per user requirements.
Why Traditional Database Technology Fails to Scale
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: