David Delony is a Bay Area expatriate living in Ashland, Oregon, where he combines his love of words and technology in his career as a freelance writer. He's covered everything from TV commercials to video games. David holds a B.A. in communication from California Sate University, East Bay.
Personal Website: http://www.rebelmouse.com/ddelony
Recent Questions by David Delony
Recent Articles by David Delony
Localization can make or break software in international markets, which is why it needs to be integrated from the beginning of development, rather than just an afterthought.
There has long been a struggle between Vi and Emacs in the 'Editor Wars' but now Vim (Vi iMproved) may be emerging as a victor.
Development is driven by demand, and due to the popularity of Unix and Linux among developers, Windows 10 is now offering Ubuntu command line tools as part of its anniversary edition.
All Articles by David Delony
- Internationalization and Localization: Why It Matters
- A Look at Vim: Winning the Editor Wars?
- Ubuntu on Windows: What's the Big Deal?
- 5 Easy Ways to Keep Your Business Secure Online
- Disaster Recovery 101
- New Technologies That Are Older Than You Think
- CP/M: The Story of the OS That Almost Succeeded Over Windows
- Windows Survival Guide for Linux/Unix Users
- How to Get Windows 10 Features in Windows 8.1
- Why Linux has Failed on the Desktop
- File Managers to Fit Your Every Need
- A Closer Look at FreeBSD
- Docker - How Containers Can Simplify Your Linux Development
- Unix/Linux Shells 101
- 5 Twitter Tools You Should Be Using
- BSD: The Other Free Unix
- What IT People Can Learn From the Unix Philosophy
- Mainframes Aren't Dead
- 8 Technologies That Failed - But Weren't Forgotten
- Chrome OS 101
- Interesting Facts About Computer Timekeeping
- What Makes Unix Special?
- The History of Unix: From Bell Labs to the iPhone
- Perl 101
- How to Cut the Cord - Illegally
- How to Cut the Cord on Cable TV - Legally
- Cutting the Cord on Your Cable TV
- Sociology 101 For Techies
- Digging Deeper Into NoSQL Concepts
- LAN WAN PAN MAN: Learn the Differences Between These Network Types
- Private Branch Exchange (PBX): New Ways to Geek Out Your Phone Service
- X Window System 101
- Unicode 101
- Scripting Languages 101
- Mosh: Secure Shell Without the Pain
- A Guide to Window Managers and Desktops for Unix and Linux
- Remember IRC? It's Still Around - And It's Still Worth Using
- The Laws of Computing
- The 4 Most Confusing Concepts in Networking Explained
- The History of the Modem
- The 6 Programming Languages That Built the Internet
- A Beginner's Guide to Getting Started in Linux
"Techopedia" on Twitter
Sign up for Techopedia's Free Newsletter!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Learn the benefits and limitations of the 3 generations of IT infrastructure – siloed, converged and hyperconverged – and discover how the 4th...
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Businesses today aspire to achieve a software-defined datacenter (SDDC) to enhance business agility and reduce operational complexity. However, the...
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap.
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Virtual Health Monitor is a free virtualization monitoring and reporting tool for VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, and XenServer environments.
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic:
Turbonomic delivers an autonomic platform where virtual and cloud environments self-manage in real-time to assure application performance.
- Feb28 Power of the Platform: How to Fast-Track the Value of Big Data
- Mar15 Rapid Response: Debugging and Profiling to the Rescue
- Mar29 Health Check: Maintaining Enterprise BI
- Apr18 A Winning Strategy for the Digital Economy
Being digital should be of more interest than being electronic.- Alan Turing, 1947