Techopedia explains FragLike many video game terms, the origins of the term frag are not clear. Frag may be an adaptation of the term fragging, which is a criminal act where a military serviceman kills a superior officer using a grenade. Or it might be a (slightly) more innocent reference to how many characters could be blown into small fragments by the right weapon. Frag can be used as a verb as in “I love fragging noobs” or “that guy fragged me before I was ready.”
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- 5 Psychological Tricks Video Games Use To Keep You Playing
- From Friendly to Fragging: A Beginner's Guide to Video Game Genres
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity
- The Differences Between the Top 3 Cryptocurrencies
- Hacking Cryptocurrencies