Definition - What does Systems Management mean?
Systems management is the enterprise-wide management of IT systems and is usually directed by an organization's chief information officer (CIO).
An organizational department or division with specific systems management responsibilities may be known as a management information system (MIS). Network management, telecommunications or database management are systems management components.
Techopedia explains Systems Management
Systems management responsibilities include:
- Determining organizational equipment and software requirements
- Purchasing equipment
- Hardware and software training
- Distribution, setup and monitoring of equipment and users
- Maintenance and service, upgrades, replacements and security
- Determining whether progress is served or hindered by assigned equipment and software
Top 6 Trends in Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: